GATE Exam Pattern 2017 for CSE, ECE, EEE, Civil, Mechanical Engineering

GATE Exam Pattern

Dear candidates, if you are looking for GATE Exam Pattern then you are at correct place. On this web page we have
complete exam pattern of GATE Exam for the help of eligible candidate’s which has issued by Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Kanpur.

GATE examination
 will be counducted from January on prescribed date. So  Eligible and sensible candidates should get  Exam Pattern of GATE from here to get good marks in the exam for CSE, Biotechnology, EEE, ECE, Mechanical & Chemical trades.

Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering examination will be generally held by Indian Institute of Science (IISc) and Indian Institutes of Technology (IIT) to provide Post Graduate Engineering Programs like as CSE, ECE, EEE, Civil, Mechanical Engineering, M.E/ M.Tech and Ph.D etc.

GATE Exam Pattern has published by Indian Institute of Science on its official website. Suitable aspirants may download GATE Exam Pattern in PDF file type format of the syllabus through gate.iitk.ac.in.

Others news about GATE Exam Pattern are written below on this web page like as exam pattern, selection mode etc for all eligible candidates by olpx team member. So please read all given below info & then appear in the exam of GATE to get good marks.

gate.iitk.ac.in CSE, ECE, EEE, Civil, Mechanical & Engineering Pattern

Exam Name - Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE)

Exam is conducted by – Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Kanpur

Official Website - gate.iitk.ac.in

gate.iitk.ac.in Exam Info

Pattern of Question Papers:
  • In all the papers, there will be a total of 65 questions carrying 100 marks, out of which 10 questions carrying a total of 15 marks are in General Aptitude (GA).
  • In the papers bearing the codes AE, AG, BT, CE, CH, CS, EC, EE, IN, ME, MN, MT, PI, TF and XE, the Engineering Mathematics will carry around 15% of the total marks.
  • The General Aptitude section will carry 15% of the total marks and the remaining 70% of the total marks is devoted to the subject of the paper.
  • In the papers bearing the codes AR, CY, EY, GG, MA, PH and XL, the General Aptitude section will carry 15% of the total marks and the remaining 85% of the total marks is devoted to the subject of the paper.

GATE Exam Total Marks and description
Total Numbers of Question
65
Total Marks of GATE Exam
100
Total Duration
3 hours
General Aptitude (GA)
10 questions of 15 Marks
Engineering Mathematics
15 marks
Technical Questions (subject of the paper)
70 marks
For AE, AG, BT, CE, CH, CS, EC, EE, IN, ME, MN, MT, PI, TF and XE CodesThe Engineering Mathematics will consist around 13% marks and General Aptitude section will carry around 15% marks out of total marks and the rest marks is devoted to the other subjects of the exam.

For AR, CY, EY, GG, MA, PH and XL CodesGeneral Aptitude section will carry 15% of the total marks and the remaining 85% of the total marks is devoted to the subject of the exam.

Types of Questions: GATE would contain questions of two different types in various papers:

Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ): carrying 1 or 2 marks each in all papers and sections.

Numerical Answer Questions: carrying 1 or 2 marks each in all papers and sections.

Marking SettlementSee this
  • For 1-mark multiple-choice questions, 1/3 marks will be deducted for a wrong answer.
  • Likewise, for 2-mark multiple-choice questions, 2/3 marks will be deducted for a wrong answer.
  • There is NO negative marking for numerical answer type questions.

Selection process: selection of candidates will be done on the basis of the marks obtained in the GATE Examination.




Note: eligible applicants can read more info about GATE Exam Pattern through Official Details.

Take a Look on Below Table

Latest Government Jobs Graduate Degree Jobs
10th/12th Pass Jobs Employment News
Rozgar Career India Rojgar Express
Rojgar Samachar Latest Railway Jobs
Written Exam Tips Career Management Tips
Bank Exam Preparation Tips Interview Tips

0 comments:

Post a Comment